Welcome to the official web site of the Alumni Association of the Faculty of Management Studies and Commerce (FMSCAA). The Faculty of Management Studies and Commerce (FMSC) of the University of Sri Jayewardenepura (SJP) has produced a vast number of graduates who contribute to the national and global development as leading personnel in the local as well as the global economies. The FMSC has always cherished its own output with a sense of pride that we wish to strengthen the network for better cohesion. The FMSCAA is formed in the sole objective of enriching the fellowship among graduate and undergraduate Community to initiate and hold responsibility to en route the development of the FMSC in achieving the highest educational, professional and ethical standards by acting as an independent entity. The FMSCAA has created a platform for the students who have obtained a graduate or a postgraduate degree offered by the Faculty, staff members and Diploma/Certificate holders to build up a network which is mutually beneficial.
- To encourage, foster, promote and affiliate close relations between the FMSC and its sister alumni associations, including the overseas associations and among the alumni themselves.
- To assist and support the effort of the FMSC in obtaining financial and other assistance from alumni for the development of the FMSC, sister alumni associations and the alumni members.
- To promote welfare activities that support the undergraduates, academic and nonacademic staff of the FMSC.
- To conduct joint activities for the enhancement of the field of research and development.
- To serve as a forum through which alumni may support and advance the pursuit of academic excellence and to develop and maintain a healthy relationship between the FMSC, alumni members and other government and non-government organizations.
- To pursue any other objectives consistent with the above aims and objectives of the Association in order to enrich the image of the FMSC.
- A better opportunity to get to know what is happening in the industry and participate in relevant projects and programs conducted by the FMSC, which will enhance members’ professional profile. They could also do visiting lectures as resource persons
- An opportunity to keep in touch with staff and colleagues.
- A better chance to be informed of and attend free internal seminars, public lecturers.
- An opportunity to assist present and future students and the development of the institute.